Elizabeth M. Aradine, DO*
Yasmin Aziz, MD
Alan C. Cameron, MB ChB, BSc (Hons), MRCP*
Isabella Canavero, MD
Kat Dakay, DO*
Saurav Das, MD
Wern Yew Ding, MBChB, MRCP
Tolga Daniel Dittrich, MD
Melanie R. F. Greenway, MD
Parneet Grewal, MD*
Ying Gue, MB ChB, PhD
Deepak Gulati, MD*
Maria Gutierrez, MD
Jennifer Harris, MD*
Sara Hassani, MD, MHS
Kathryn S. Hayward, PhD, PT*
Muhammad Rizwan Husain, MD
Abdullah Ibish, MD
Richard Jackson, MD*
Nurose Karim, MD
Gurmeen Kaur, MBBS*
Muhammad Taimoor Khan, MD*
Manya Khrlobyan, DO, MS
Song J. Kim, MD
Andy Lim, MBBS, BMedSci, MBA, FACEM, GAICD
Ammad Mahmood, MBChB, BMedSci
Sishir Mannava, MD
Csilla Manoczki, MD
Juan Carlos Martinez Gutierrez, MD
Lukas Mayer, MD
Thomas Meinel, MD
Mei Ngun, MBBS
Kevin O’Connor, MD
Piyush Ojha, MBBS, MD, DM*
Lin Kooi Ong, PhD*
Raffaele Ornello, MD*
Tyler Owens, DO
Lina Palaiodimou, MD*
Lauren A. Peruski, DO
Robert W. Regenhardt, MD, PhD*
Alejandro Rodríguez-Vázquez, MD
Jeffrey Russ, MD, PhD
Setareh Salehi Omran, MD
Aurora Semerano, MD
Vera Sharashidze, MD
Shashank Shekhar, MD, MS*
Ravinder-Jeet Singh, MBBS, DM*
Burton J. Tabaac, MD*
Ericka Samantha Teleg, MD
Francesca Tinelli, MS
Melissa Trotman-Lucas, PhD*
Walter Valesky, MD
Tamaya Van Criekinge, PT*
Christopher Wilkins, MD
Sohei Yoshimura, MD, PhD
Elena Zapata-Arriaza, MD, PhD*
- ►author interview (43)
- ►basic sciences (33)
- ►clinical (635)
- ►Conference (112)
- ►controversy (7)
- ►diagnosis and imaging (143)
- ►epidemiology and genetics (93)
- ►health care (31)
- ►hemorrhage (25)
- ►outcomes (27)
- ►pathogenesis (17)
- ►policy (25)
- ►prevention (39)
- ►prognosis (38)
- ►rehabilitation (14)
- ►special article collection (1)
- ▼treatment (150)
- A Collateral Dialogue: Addressing Neuroanatomy of Posterior Circulation in Basilar Artery Occlusion
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short: Cerebral Metabolism of Oxygen in Moyamoya Disease.
- A question still unanswered: The efficacy of nitric oxide donors in hyperacute ischemic stroke
- Adding Puff to the Smoke: Combined Revascularization Surgery in Moyamoya Disease
- Adherence to ECASS III 3-4.5 Hour Exclusions and Association with Outcome
- Administration of Statin on Acute Ischemic Stroke Patient (ASSORT) Trial
- Aggressive Medical Therapy is the Key!!!
- AHA Scientific Statement on Intracranial Endovascular Procedures and the Evidence Behind Them
- All These Years Later, it Still Seems Safer to “Hug the Scylla Side.”
- Alteplase in Minor Stroke: A Daily Dilemma
- And Crown Thy Good With Efficient Stroke Care From Sea to Shining Sea! Marked Regional Variation in Acute Stroke Treatment
- Another Crack at it for Candesartan and Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Antiplatelet Therapy in Stroke: The Old and the New
- Antithrombotic therapy after Ischemic Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation
- Antithrombotic therapy for recurrent ischemic stroke: Two may be better than one
- Argatroban may be safe but not effective in acute atherothrombotic stroke
- Article Commentary: "Low-Dose Tirofiban Treatment Improves Neurological Deterioration Outcome After Intravenous Thrombolysis"
- Article Commentary: “Advances and Innovations in Aphasia Treatment Trials”
- Article Commentary: “Antiplatelet Therapy vs Anticoagulation Therapy in Cervical Artery Dissection”
- Article Commentary: “Mechanical Thrombectomy in the Era of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Emergency Preparedness for Neuroscience Teams”
- Article Commentary: “Obesity-Associated Organ Damage and Sympathetic Nervous Activity: A Target for Treatment?”
- Article Commentary: “One-Year Home-Time and Mortality After Thrombolysis Compared With Nontreated Patients in a Propensity-Matched Analysis”
- Article Commentary: “Sphenopalatine Ganglion Stimulation to Augment Cerebral Blood Flow”
- Article Commentary: “Tenecteplase Thrombolysis for Acute Ischemic Stroke”
- Author Interview: Alexandros Rentzos, MD, and Pia Löwhagen Hendén, MD, PhD
- Author Interview: Dr. Houman Khosravani, MD, PhD, on “Protected Code Stroke: Hyperacute Stroke Management During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic”
- Balancing Risk-Benefit for Non-Acute Vertebral Artery Occlusion Revascularization
- Benefits of the Mobile Stroke Unit: The BEST-MSU Run In Phase
- Better is the Enemy of Good
- Blood pressure after after acute ischemic stroke: treat it or leave it
- Bridging Therapy for Endovascular Thrombectomy: A Role for Direct Mechanical Thrombectomy?
- Can inclusion criteria for endovascular therapy be broadened? Implications from a stroke registry in Catalonia
- Carotid Stenting vs. Endarterectomy: Vascular Anatomy Predicts Stroke Risk
- Chaos About Treatment of Chaotic Heartbeat in Elderly Patients
- Clear and Robust Benefit From Solitaire Stent Retriever in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Pooled Analysis From 4 Clinical Trials
- Collaterals Status Modifies the Effect of IAT in the MR CLEAN Trial
- CTA Is The Most Cost Effective Imaging Strategy to Rule Out Basilar Artery Occlusion
- Dabigatran is safe to use in small ischemic strokes initiated within 24 hours from stroke onset
- Declining Rate of IV Heparin Use in Acute Ischemic Stroke in Korea
- Despite Being Anticoagulated, Permanent Afib Patients are at Higher Risk of Stroke then Non-Permanent Afib Patients
- Do alcoholics benefit less from tPA?
- Does it matter how long you’ve had diabetes?
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy - Not just a bleeding risk
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy: Shotgun or Aiming at Precision Targets?
- Early recurrence and cerebral bleeding in patients with acute ischemic stroke and AF
- Effects of blood pressure in acute ischemic stroke
- Endovascular therapy for posterior circulation strokes: the time has come
- Endovascular Therapy for Stroke Can Be Translated from Ideal World to Real World
- Endovascular Thrombectomy With or Without Intravenous Alteplase: ESO-WSO Large Clinical Trials Webinar
- ESO-WSO Large Clinical Trials Webinar: BASICS
- Ethical considerations before decompressive hemicraniectomy for large hemispheric infarction
- Evaluation and Treatment Issues of a Cancer-Related Stroke Patient
- Expanding the patient population for endovascular therapy: Treating large DWI lesions may still confer benefit
- F-FACE identifies brain tissue at-risk
- Gradual Blood Pressure Lowering in Hemorrhagic Stroke: Another look at the SCAST data
- High Blood Sugar Leads to Not-So-Sweet Outcomes in Mechanical Thrombectomy Patients
- High-Dose Atorvastatin and Renal Function After Stroke
- Higher Admission Heart Rate Associated with Death and Poor Functional Outcome in ICH
- Hope for the Brokenhearted
- How Accessible is IV-tPA and Intra-arterial Thrombectomy to the US population?
- Hyperglycemia is Associated With Worse Clinical Outcomes in Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH)
- Hypothermia for large hemispheric infarction?
- Importance of Intravenous Thrombolysis for Large Vessel Anterior Circulation Stroke in the Era of Endovascular Therapy
- IMS III: a sign of the times
- Induced hypertension for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage not beneficial in small study
- Initiation of antithrombotic therapy after ICH: Do we do it?
- Intervening on Interventions in Endovascular Stroke Treatment
- Intervention for Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: How aggressive should we be?
- Intra-Arterial Therapy, Post-Treatment Infarct Volumes, and Functional Outcomes in the ESCAPE Trial
- Investigating the Causes of Declining Carotid Endarterectomies
- Is Anticoagulation Safe in ENT/CNS Infection Associated Central Venous Thrombosis?
- Is IL Receptor Antagonist an Answer to Ischemic Stroke-Related Inflammation?: A Review of the SCIL-Stroke Trial
- Is It Possible to Predict the Occurrence of Cerebral Edema After Intravenous Thrombolysis? An Exploratory Analysis From the SITS-ISTR Registry
- Is Triple Antithrombotic Therapy History?
- ISC 2021 Session: Challenging EVT Decision Making: When, Where, and Who to Treat (Debate)
- ISC 2021 Session: Mismatch Misalignments for Extended-window IV-thrombolysis for Non-Large Vessel Occlusion Strokes (Debate)
- ISC 2021 Session: Tenecteplase Is Ready for Clinical Practice (Debate)
- ISC 2021 Session: Treatment of Acute Stroke in Childhood and Young Adults (Debate)
- It's just not that simple: descriptive statistics miss the nuances in trends of "Onset to Treatment" times
- IV t-PA in Previously Dependent Patients: To Do or Not to Do
- IV-TPA Continues to be Cost-Effective
- IV-TPA does not increase hemorrhage risk if used within 3 months of previous stroke
- IV-tPA Treatment Prior to Mechanical Thrombectomy Did Not Improve Outcome in a Retrospective Matched Analysis
- Keeping the Blood Pressure Up!
- Large penumbral volumes do not preclude good outcomes after complete reperfusion
- Local Anesthesia or Conscious Sedation in Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Location, Location. Location! In Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- LONG-TERM FOLLOW-UP STUDY OF EVA-3S
- Low-Dose Intravenous Alteplase in Stroke with Unknown Time Onset
- Magnesium Fails as a Neuroprotectant: Now Even Earlier Than Before!
- Mannitol does not improve outcome in intracranial hemorrhage.
- Mechanical Thrombectomy in Vertebrobasilar Occlusion: Still Looking for Evidence
- Modafinil may improve post-stroke fatigue – results from a small randomized placebo-controlled trial
- Natural history of MR in minor ischemic stroke
- NAVIGATE Through the Current Treatment Options in Secondary Stroke Prevention of ESUS Patients with Patent Foramen Ovale
- Newer Hydrogel Coils Show Promising Results for the Treatment of Small and Medium Size Intracranial Aneurysms
- Perfusion imaging can identify mismatch in acute ischemia leading to favorable outcomes following endovascular reperfusion
- Pooled subgroup meta-analyses of endovascular trial data
- Post-tPA (Tele)Stroke Care: Stay Local or Drip-and-Ship?
- Pre-hospital Treatment in Acute Stroke: How Close Are We?
- Predictors of outcome after endovascular therapy in basilar occlusion strokes
- Problem solving group therapy after stroke may improve coping abilities and quality of life
- Prognostic significance of perihematomal edema in acute intracerebral hemorrhage: pooled analysis from the INTERACT studies
- Prophylactic AEDs following intracerebral hemorrhage not necessarily associated with increased morbidity
- Prostacyclin changes properties of blood vessels but not outcomes in SAH
- Proteinuria, A New Disease Marker?
- Readmission rates and mechanical ventilation in stroke
- Reduction in day to day SBP variability after TIA or stroke: Replicating clinic findings at home
- Remote Ischemic Conditioning May Improve Outcomes of Patients With Cerebral Small-Vessel Disease
- Residual Arterial Stenosis after Endovascular Thrombectomy: a Relationship with in Situ Thrombo-occlusion and Reocclusion Rates
- Results of Phase I Acute Stroke Treatment Trial: Tenecteplase for Minor Stroke & Intracranial Occlusion
- Results of the Japanese Primary Prevention Project
- rt-PA plus Eptifibatide versus rt-PA
- Safety of full dose tPA and eptifibatide: Results from the CLEAR-FDR trial
- Shaping the endovascular railroad in severe stroke patients: a positive pooled analysis by the IMS III and MR CLEAN investigators.
- Significance of intraventricular hemorrhage in acute intracerebral hemorrhage: INTERACT2 results
- Some Painful News about Central Post-Stroke Pain
- Statins and Carotid Artery Stenting
- Statistics bested by peer review in assessing operator performance in CREST trial
- Stenting versus Endarterectomy in Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Large AVMs: A one hit wonder?
- Stereotactic radiosurgery leads to good outcomes in patients with unruptured AVMs
- Stroke Codes for Nonagenarians
- Surgical management of bAVM
- Survey Says...NIHSS Not the Only Determinant for tPA Provision in Minor Stroke
- Taking Patients Directly to Comprehensive Stroke Centers May Be Feasible for Patients and Hospitals
- Tandem Lesions: To Stent or Not To Stent?
- Tetrahydrobiopterin supplementation in CADASIL patients
- The feasibility of central adjudication of modified Rankin scale
- The FePASS Playground: Using the FePASS Web Portal for Clinical Trial Planning
- The Role of MIST in Recanalization Times for Large Vessel Occlusion
- Therapeutic Management of Aspirin Failure – Does Changing the Antiplatelet Regimen Help?
- Thrombectomy in Acute Stroke with TANdem Lesions: TITANic Technical Challenge?
- Thrombolysis and long term outcome: A glimpse 5 years into the future
- Thrombus Migration in Large Vessel Occlusion: Is it Good or Bad?
- Ticagrelor Versus Aspirin — A Closer Look at ESUS in SOCRATES
- Time to Angiographic Reperfusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Decision Analysis
- To Patch or not to Patch?
- Transcranial Stimulation for Aphasia Recovery in Subacute Stroke Patients
- Type of anesthesia and differences in clinical outcome after intraarterial treatment for ischemic stroke
- Up the Ante - No not really. Antithrombotic vs. No antithrombotic therapy prior to randomization in SAMMPRIS
- Using IV-tPA Without Vessel Occlusion - now evidence-based
- Vagus nerve stimulation paired with arm rehabilitation shows promise in small safety/feasibility study
- Watching Paint Dry: Do We Need to Watch tPA for 24 Hours?
- When is it safe to surgically intervene on symptomatic carotid stenosis? A meta-analysis of periprocedure risk.
- When More Isn’t More: Increasing Stent Retriever Passes Associated with Futile Recanalization
- Which Hemostatic Agents Should We Use in Acute ICH?
- White Matter Lesions Increase the Risk of Intracerebral Hemorrhage after Thrombolysis
- World Stroke Day: Interview with Dr. Anna Bersano on the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Stroke Care in Italy
- World Stroke Day: The Long Journey of Revascularization Treatments for Ischemic Stroke: From Strict Patient Selection to Extending Time Windows
- ►Uncategorized (316)
- ►World Stroke Day (17)