#STROKE Occurrence of acute kidney injury #AKI was associated with higher rates of death and disability at 3 months in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage #ICH; #SBP reduction showed no association with renal adverse outcomes #ATACH2 https://t.co/sLyxzizWZg https://t.co/3wpb0SC09k
Mohammad Anadani, MD*
Elizabeth M. Aradine, DO
Rohan Arora, MD
Bahar M. Beaver, MD*
Anusha Boyanpally, MD
Alan C. Cameron, MB ChB, BSc (Hons), MRCP*
Pamela Cheng, DO
Kat Dakay, DO*
Danielle de Sa Boasquevisque, MD*
Reyes de Torres Chacon, MD
Victor J. Del Brutto, MD*
Rachel Forman, MD
Alejandro Fuerte, MD*
Parneet Grewal, MD
Deepak Gulati, MD*
Jennifer Harris, MD
Mausaminben Hathidara, MD
Kathryn S. Hayward, PhD, PT
Yan Hou, MD, PhD
Muhammad Rizwan Husain, MD
Richard Jackson, MD*
Wayneho Kam, MD
Gurmeen Kaur, MBBS*
Muhammad Taimoor Khan, MD
Abbas Kharal, MD, MPH*
Grace Y. Kuo, MD, MS, BA
Stephanie Lyden, MD, BS
Piyush Ojha, MBBS, MD, DM
Adeola Olowu, MD
Lin Kooi Ong, PhD*
Raffaele Ornello, MD*
Matthew Maximillian Padrick, MD, BA
Lina Palaiodimou, MD*
Robert W. Regenhardt, MD, PhD*
Shashank Shekhar, MD, MS*
Kristina Shkirkova, BSc
Ravinder-Jeet Singh, MBBS, DM*
Burton J. Tabaac, MD*
Melissa Trotman-Lucas, PhD
Tamaya Van Criekinge, PT
Elena Zapata-Arriaza, MD, PhD*
Charlotte Zerna, MD, MSc
- ►author interview (37)
- ►basic sciences (28)
- ►clinical (526)
- ►Conference (85)
- ►controversy (6)
- ►diagnosis and imaging (135)
- ►epidemiology and genetics (91)
- ►health care (28)
- ►hemorrhage (23)
- ►outcomes (26)
- ►pathogenesis (16)
- ►policy (25)
- ►prevention (36)
- ►prognosis (35)
- ►rehabilitation (12)
- ►special article collection (1)
- ▼treatment (139)
- A Collateral Dialogue: Addressing Neuroanatomy of Posterior Circulation in Basilar Artery Occlusion
- A Day Late and a Dollar Short: Cerebral Metabolism of Oxygen in Moyamoya Disease.
- A question still unanswered: The efficacy of nitric oxide donors in hyperacute ischemic stroke
- Adding Puff to the Smoke: Combined Revascularization Surgery in Moyamoya Disease
- Adherence to ECASS III 3-4.5 Hour Exclusions and Association with Outcome
- Administration of Statin on Acute Ischemic Stroke Patient (ASSORT) Trial
- Aggressive Medical Therapy is the Key!!!
- AHA Scientific Statement on Intracranial Endovascular Procedures and the Evidence Behind Them
- All These Years Later, it Still Seems Safer to “Hug the Scylla Side.”
- Alteplase in Minor Stroke: A Daily Dilemma
- And Crown Thy Good With Efficient Stroke Care From Sea to Shining Sea! Marked Regional Variation in Acute Stroke Treatment
- Another Crack at it for Candesartan and Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Antiplatelet Therapy in Stroke: The Old and the New
- Antithrombotic therapy after Ischemic Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation
- Antithrombotic therapy for recurrent ischemic stroke: Two may be better than one
- Argatroban may be safe but not effective in acute atherothrombotic stroke
- Article Commentary: "Low-Dose Tirofiban Treatment Improves Neurological Deterioration Outcome After Intravenous Thrombolysis"
- Article Commentary: “Advances and Innovations in Aphasia Treatment Trials”
- Article Commentary: “Antiplatelet Therapy vs Anticoagulation Therapy in Cervical Artery Dissection”
- Article Commentary: “Mechanical Thrombectomy in the Era of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Emergency Preparedness for Neuroscience Teams”
- Article Commentary: “Obesity-Associated Organ Damage and Sympathetic Nervous Activity: A Target for Treatment?”
- Article Commentary: “One-Year Home-Time and Mortality After Thrombolysis Compared With Nontreated Patients in a Propensity-Matched Analysis”
- Article Commentary: “Sphenopalatine Ganglion Stimulation to Augment Cerebral Blood Flow”
- Author Interview: Alexandros Rentzos, MD, and Pia Löwhagen Hendén, MD, PhD
- Author Interview: Dr. Houman Khosravani, MD, PhD, on “Protected Code Stroke: Hyperacute Stroke Management During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic”
- Benefits of the Mobile Stroke Unit: The BEST-MSU Run In Phase
- Better is the Enemy of Good
- Blood pressure after after acute ischemic stroke: treat it or leave it
- Bridging Therapy for Endovascular Thrombectomy: A Role for Direct Mechanical Thrombectomy?
- Can inclusion criteria for endovascular therapy be broadened? Implications from a stroke registry in Catalonia
- Carotid Stenting vs. Endarterectomy: Vascular Anatomy Predicts Stroke Risk
- Chaos About Treatment of Chaotic Heartbeat in Elderly Patients
- Clear and Robust Benefit From Solitaire Stent Retriever in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Pooled Analysis From 4 Clinical Trials
- Collaterals Status Modifies the Effect of IAT in the MR CLEAN Trial
- CTA Is The Most Cost Effective Imaging Strategy to Rule Out Basilar Artery Occlusion
- Dabigatran is safe to use in small ischemic strokes initiated within 24 hours from stroke onset
- Declining Rate of IV Heparin Use in Acute Ischemic Stroke in Korea
- Despite Being Anticoagulated, Permanent Afib Patients are at Higher Risk of Stroke then Non-Permanent Afib Patients
- Do alcoholics benefit less from tPA?
- Does it matter how long you’ve had diabetes?
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy - Not just a bleeding risk
- Early recurrence and cerebral bleeding in patients with acute ischemic stroke and AF
- Effects of blood pressure in acute ischemic stroke
- Endovascular therapy for posterior circulation strokes: the time has come
- Endovascular Therapy for Stroke Can Be Translated from Ideal World to Real World
- Endovascular Thrombectomy With or Without Intravenous Alteplase: ESO-WSO Large Clinical Trials Webinar
- ESO-WSO Large Clinical Trials Webinar: BASICS
- Ethical considerations before decompressive hemicraniectomy for large hemispheric infarction
- Evaluation and Treatment Issues of a Cancer-Related Stroke Patient
- Expanding the patient population for endovascular therapy: Treating large DWI lesions may still confer benefit
- F-FACE identifies brain tissue at-risk
- Gradual Blood Pressure Lowering in Hemorrhagic Stroke: Another look at the SCAST data
- High Blood Sugar Leads to Not-So-Sweet Outcomes in Mechanical Thrombectomy Patients
- High-Dose Atorvastatin and Renal Function After Stroke
- Higher Admission Heart Rate Associated with Death and Poor Functional Outcome in ICH
- Hope for the Brokenhearted
- How Accessible is IV-tPA and Intra-arterial Thrombectomy to the US population?
- Hyperglycemia is Associated With Worse Clinical Outcomes in Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH)
- Hypothermia for large hemispheric infarction?
- Importance of Intravenous Thrombolysis for Large Vessel Anterior Circulation Stroke in the Era of Endovascular Therapy
- IMS III: a sign of the times
- Induced hypertension for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage not beneficial in small study
- Initiation of antithrombotic therapy after ICH: Do we do it?
- Intervening on Interventions in Endovascular Stroke Treatment
- Intervention for Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: How aggressive should we be?
- Intra-Arterial Therapy, Post-Treatment Infarct Volumes, and Functional Outcomes in the ESCAPE Trial
- Investigating the Causes of Declining Carotid Endarterectomies
- Is Anticoagulation Safe in ENT/CNS Infection Associated Central Venous Thrombosis?
- Is IL Receptor Antagonist an Answer to Ischemic Stroke-Related Inflammation?: A Review of the SCIL-Stroke Trial
- Is It Possible to Predict the Occurrence of Cerebral Edema After Intravenous Thrombolysis? An Exploratory Analysis From the SITS-ISTR Registry
- Is Triple Antithrombotic Therapy History?
- It's just not that simple: descriptive statistics miss the nuances in trends of "Onset to Treatment" times
- IV t-PA in Previously Dependent Patients: To Do or Not to Do
- IV-TPA Continues to be Cost-Effective
- IV-TPA does not increase hemorrhage risk if used within 3 months of previous stroke
- IV-tPA Treatment Prior to Mechanical Thrombectomy Did Not Improve Outcome in a Retrospective Matched Analysis
- Keeping the Blood Pressure Up!
- Large penumbral volumes do not preclude good outcomes after complete reperfusion
- Location, Location. Location! In Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- LONG-TERM FOLLOW-UP STUDY OF EVA-3S
- Magnesium Fails as a Neuroprotectant: Now Even Earlier Than Before!
- Mannitol does not improve outcome in intracranial hemorrhage.
- Mechanical Thrombectomy in Vertebrobasilar Occlusion: Still Looking for Evidence
- Modafinil may improve post-stroke fatigue – results from a small randomized placebo-controlled trial
- Natural history of MR in minor ischemic stroke
- NAVIGATE Through the Current Treatment Options in Secondary Stroke Prevention of ESUS Patients with Patent Foramen Ovale
- Newer Hydrogel Coils Show Promising Results for the Treatment of Small and Medium Size Intracranial Aneurysms
- Perfusion imaging can identify mismatch in acute ischemia leading to favorable outcomes following endovascular reperfusion
- Pooled subgroup meta-analyses of endovascular trial data
- Post-tPA (Tele)Stroke Care: Stay Local or Drip-and-Ship?
- Pre-hospital Treatment in Acute Stroke: How Close Are We?
- Predictors of outcome after endovascular therapy in basilar occlusion strokes
- Problem solving group therapy after stroke may improve coping abilities and quality of life
- Prognostic significance of perihematomal edema in acute intracerebral hemorrhage: pooled analysis from the INTERACT studies
- Prophylactic AEDs following intracerebral hemorrhage not necessarily associated with increased morbidity
- Prostacyclin changes properties of blood vessels but not outcomes in SAH
- Proteinuria, A New Disease Marker?
- Readmission rates and mechanical ventilation in stroke
- Reduction in day to day SBP variability after TIA or stroke: Replicating clinic findings at home
- Remote Ischemic Conditioning May Improve Outcomes of Patients With Cerebral Small-Vessel Disease
- Residual Arterial Stenosis after Endovascular Thrombectomy: a Relationship with in Situ Thrombo-occlusion and Reocclusion Rates
- Results of Phase I Acute Stroke Treatment Trial: Tenecteplase for Minor Stroke & Intracranial Occlusion
- Results of the Japanese Primary Prevention Project
- rt-PA plus Eptifibatide versus rt-PA
- Safety of full dose tPA and eptifibatide: Results from the CLEAR-FDR trial
- Shaping the endovascular railroad in severe stroke patients: a positive pooled analysis by the IMS III and MR CLEAN investigators.
- Significance of intraventricular hemorrhage in acute intracerebral hemorrhage: INTERACT2 results
- Some Painful News about Central Post-Stroke Pain
- Statins and Carotid Artery Stenting
- Statistics bested by peer review in assessing operator performance in CREST trial
- Stenting versus Endarterectomy in Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Large AVMs: A one hit wonder?
- Stereotactic radiosurgery leads to good outcomes in patients with unruptured AVMs
- Stroke Codes for Nonagenarians
- Surgical management of bAVM
- Survey Says...NIHSS Not the Only Determinant for tPA Provision in Minor Stroke
- Taking Patients Directly to Comprehensive Stroke Centers May Be Feasible for Patients and Hospitals
- Tandem Lesions: To Stent or Not To Stent?
- Tetrahydrobiopterin supplementation in CADASIL patients
- The feasibility of central adjudication of modified Rankin scale
- The FePASS Playground: Using the FePASS Web Portal for Clinical Trial Planning
- The Role of MIST in Recanalization Times for Large Vessel Occlusion
- Therapeutic Management of Aspirin Failure – Does Changing the Antiplatelet Regimen Help?
- Thrombectomy in Acute Stroke with TANdem Lesions: TITANic Technical Challenge?
- Thrombolysis and long term outcome: A glimpse 5 years into the future
- Thrombus Migration in Large Vessel Occlusion: Is it Good or Bad?
- Ticagrelor Versus Aspirin — A Closer Look at ESUS in SOCRATES
- Time to Angiographic Reperfusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Decision Analysis
- To Patch or not to Patch?
- Transcranial Stimulation for Aphasia Recovery in Subacute Stroke Patients
- Type of anesthesia and differences in clinical outcome after intraarterial treatment for ischemic stroke
- Up the Ante - No not really. Antithrombotic vs. No antithrombotic therapy prior to randomization in SAMMPRIS
- Using IV-tPA Without Vessel Occlusion - now evidence-based
- Vagus nerve stimulation paired with arm rehabilitation shows promise in small safety/feasibility study
- Watching Paint Dry: Do We Need to Watch tPA for 24 Hours?
- When is it safe to surgically intervene on symptomatic carotid stenosis? A meta-analysis of periprocedure risk.
- When More Isn’t More: Increasing Stent Retriever Passes Associated with Futile Recanalization
- Which Hemostatic Agents Should We Use in Acute ICH?
- White Matter Lesions Increase the Risk of Intracerebral Hemorrhage after Thrombolysis
- ►Uncategorized (316)
- ►World Stroke Day (14)