July Stroke Cover Figure: The ASMRs, the period effect and the cohort effect of #stroke mortality attributable to high sodium intake in China and Japan have been declining in both genders and all age groups from 1990 to 2016. https://t.co/olWH2ojLXM https://t.co/wEuOY44oOX
Sami Al Kasab, MD*
Mohammad Anadani, MD
Rohan Arora, MD
Hatim Attar, MD*
Bahar M. Beaver, MD
Alan C. Cameron, MB ChB, BSc (Hons), MRCP
Philip Chang, MD*
Kat Dakay, DO
Danielle de Sa Boasquevisque, MD
Victor J. Del Brutto, MD
Mark R. Etherton, MD, PhD*
Alejandro Fuerte, MD
Deepak Gulati, MD
Qing Hao, MD, PhD
Kathryn S. Hayward, PhD, PT
Richard Jackson, MD
Aristeidis H. Katsanos, MD, PhD*
Gurmeen Kaur, MBBS*
Abbas Kharal, MD, MPH
Houman Khosravani, MD, PhD
Tapan Mehta, MBBS, MPH*
Muhammad Zeeshan Memon, MD
Andrea Morotti, MD*
Lin Kooi Ong, PhD
Raffaele Ornello, MD
Lina Palaiodimou, MD
Robert W. Regenhardt, MD, PhD
Richa Sharma, MD, MPH
Shashank Shekhar, MD, MS*
Kristina Shkirkova, BSc
Alexis N. Simpkins, MD, PhD
Ravinder-Jeet Singh, MBBS, DM
Kara Jo Swafford, MD
Burton J. Tabaac, MD
Elena Zapata-Arriaza, MD
- ►author interview (32)
- ►basic sciences (18)
- ▼clinical (321)
- “Creating a Stroke System is More Difficult Than Creating Stroke Care”
- “What Do I Do with this Aneurysm?” — ISC Symposium Highlights the Challenges and Complexity of Treatment Decisions
- (Re)affirming the Importance of Kidney Function in Ischemic Stroke Outcomes
- A New Look at ICAS from the SAMMPRIS Data
- A New Tool to Quantify Severity, Extent and Course of Focal Cerebral Arteriopathy of Childhood Could Be Used for Treatment Trials
- A New Way to Think About Moyamoya
- A Non-Invasive Approach to Monitor Mechanical Thrombectomy Patients Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy
- Accuracy vs. Reproductibility in the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale: When the NIHSS Does Not Assess All the Symptoms
- Acute BP Variability and Outcome After Ischemic Stroke: Still no convincing evidence
- Acute Intracranial Atherosclerosis–Related Large Vessel Occlusion: Recanalization as a Starting Point
- Acute Stroke Treatments for Patients with Pre-Stroke Disability: Are We Discriminating Against the Disabled?
- Adherence and Intensity of Statin Therapy
- Administration of Statin on Acute Ischemic Stroke Patient (ASSORT) Trial
- AHA Scientific Statement on Intracranial Endovascular Procedures and the Evidence Behind Them
- Alteplase in Minor Stroke: A Daily Dilemma
- An Association Between Early Blood Pressure and Poststroke Cognitive Impairment?
- An Update on Poststroke Fatigue
- Analyzing Clots – A New Direction?
- Anesthesia-Related Outcomes for Endovascular Stroke Revascularization
- Antiplatelet in Patients with Microbleeds: Prevent Ischemic Stroke or Precipitate Hemorrhage?
- Antiplatelet Therapy in Stroke: The Old and the New
- Are Aphasia and Visual Neglect Good Prehospital Predictors for Large Vessel Occlusion in Acute Stroke?
- Article Commentary: "Smoking and Risk of Ischemic Stroke in Young Men"
- Article Commentary: "Virtual Reality for Stroke Rehabilitation"
- Article Commentary: “A Systematic Literature Review of Patients With Carotid Web and Acute Ischemic Stroke”
- Article Commentary: “Antibiotic Therapy for Preventing Infections in People With Acute Stroke”
- Article Commentary: “Cerebral Ischemia in Patients on Direct Oral Anticoagulants”
- Article Commentary: “Comparative Effectiveness of Aspirin and Clopidogrel Versus Aspirin in Acute Minor Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack”
- Article Commentary: “Comparison of Risk Factor Control in the Year After Discharge for Ischemic Stroke Versus Acute Myocardial Infarction”
- Article Commentary: “Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Improves Functional Outcome in Patients With Progressive Lacunar Strokes”
- Article Commentary: “Dual Antiplatelet Therapy in Transient Ischemic Attack and Minor Stroke With Different Infarction Patterns”
- Article Commentary: “Effects of Blood Pressure in the Early Phase of Ischemic Stroke and Stroke Subtype on Poststroke Cognitive Impairment”
- Article Commentary: “Hyperintense Plaque on Intracranial Vessel Wall Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a Predictor of Artery-to-Artery Embolic Infarction”
- Article Commentary: “Hyperintense Vessels, Collateralization, and Functional Outcome in Patients With Stroke Receiving Endovascular Treatment”
- Article Commentary: “Intravenous tPA in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke Taking Non–Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants Preceding Stroke”
- Article Commentary: “Long-Term Exposure to Particulate Matter Air Pollution Is a Risk Factor for Stroke”
- Article Commentary: “Multivessel Occlusion in Patients Subjected to Thrombectomy”
- Article Commentary: “Resting-State Functional Connectivity Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Outcome after Acute Stroke”
- Artificially Sweetened Beverages: Sweet Taste with Sour Consequences
- Association Between Prehospital Blood Pressure and Extent of Bleeding in Patients with Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Association of Renal Impairment and Cerebral SVD is Exclusive for Younger Individuals After Adjusting for Vascular Risk Factors: Genetic Predisposition or a Separate Vascular Entity?
- Atrial Thromboembolism: Looking Beyond Atrial Fibrillation
- Author Interview: Colin Derdeyn, MD
- Author Interview: Dr. Bruce Campbell, on the EXTEND-IA TNK trial
- Author Interview: Dr. Diogo Haussen, MD, and Dr. Thomas Madaelil, MD, on “Multimodality Imaging in Carotid Web”
- Author Interview: Dr. Greg Albers, on DEFUSE 3 and its Implications for Systems of Stroke Care in the U.S.
- Author Interview: Dr. Lawrence Wechsler, MD
- Author Interview: Dr. Michael Chopp, PhD
- Author Interview: Dr. Raul Nogueira, MD, on “Mechanical Thrombectomy in Patients With Milder Strokes and Large Vessel Occlusions”
- Author Interview: Dr. Zaal Kokaia, PhD
- Author Interview: Drs. Thabele (Bay) Leslie-Mazwi, MD, and Gregory W. Albers, MD, on “DEFUSE 3 Non-DAWN Patients: A Closer Look at Late Window Thrombectomy Selection”
- Author Interview: George Ntaios, MD
- Author Interview: Mike Sharma, MD, MSc, FRCPC
- Author Interview: Philippa Lavallée, MD
- Author Interview: Prof. Craig Anderson, MD, PhD, on “Intensive blood pressure reduction with intravenous thrombolysis therapy for acute ischaemic stroke (ENCHANTED)”
- Author Interview: Prof. Turgut Tatlisumak, MD, PhD, on “Nontraumatic intracerebral haemorrhage in young adults”
- Author Interview: Ramin Zand, MD, and Vida Abedi, PhD
- Author Interview: Robert G. Kowalski, MD, MS
- Author Interview: Santosh Murthy, MD, MPH
- Author Interview: Seung-Hoon Lee, MD, PhD
- Author Interview: Søren Bache, MD
- Balloon Guided Catheter Use Predicts Functional Independence in Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Baseline Blood Pressure and Intra-Arterial Therapy Outcomes
- Basilar Artery Stenting: When Remodeling Predicts Stroke
- Benchmarking Telestroke Proficiency
- Beware of Nonconvulsive Status Epileptics in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Patients
- Beyond Drip and Ship: The Role of Baseline Vascular Imaging for Referring Hospitals in Acute Ischemic Stroke Triage for the Endovascular Era
- Blood Pressure During Thrombectomy: More Insights from SIESTA
- Breakthroughs in Neurorehabilitation: Using Brain Computer Interfaces for Stroke Recovery
- Breath Well During Sleep; Have Less Risk for Recurrent Ischemic Strokes
- Bridging Therapy for Endovascular Thrombectomy: A Role for Direct Mechanical Thrombectomy?
- Bridging Therapy vs. Direct Endovascular Treatment: Further Insight into a Long-Standing Debate
- Bypassing Primary Stroke Centers: Are We There Yet?
- CAAn superficial siderosis in CAA be a sign of worse outcome?
- Can We Manage Intracranial Aneurysm Medically?
- Carotid Endarterectomy is Safe After Intravenous Thrombolysis
- Carotid Stenting vs. Endarterectomy: Vascular Anatomy Predicts Stroke Risk
- Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy and Disruption of the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Cerebral Microbleeds: A Risk Factor for Intracranial Hemorrhage and Worse Outcomes After Thrombolytic Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Cerebral Venous Thrombosis Across the Ages
- Clinical characteristics of dorsal medullary infarction
- Clinical Implications and Determinants of Left Atrial Mechanical Dysfunction in Patients with Stroke
- Clot Aspiration and Stent Retriever are Equally Effective Regardless of Clot Burden
- Collateral Status Modulates the Effect of Glucose on Outcomes in Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Collaterals vs. Time in the Natural History of Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Combining CT Biomarkers for Prediction of Hematoma Expansion
- Considering a More Permissive Patient Selection for Extended-Window Thrombectomy: Beyond DAWN and DEFUSE 3
- Cortical Cerebral Microinfarcts as a Novel Neuroimaging Marker of Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy
- Cost Effectiveness and Analysis of Mechanical Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Could Bypassing Primary Stroke Centers for Thrombectomy-Capable Centers Lead to Improved Outcomes?
- Craniocervical Arterial Dissection: A Common Cause of Stroke in Childhood
- Defining the Optimal Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy after Ischaemic Stroke or Transient Ischaemic Attack
- Diagnostic and Treatment Approach of Cervico-Cephalic Intraluminal Thrombus
- Dialysis-requiring Acute Kidney Injury Portends Poor Prognosis in Patients with Stroke
- Differences in Outcomes of Interhospital Transfer Patients Versus Direct Presentations
- Direct Transfer to Angio-Suite May Improve the Outcome of Large Vessel Occlusion Ischemic Stroke
- Distal Vessel Thrombectomy: Should We Treat Smaller Vessel Occlusions?
- Does Head Positioning Matter in Acute Stroke?
- Does tPA Really Save Lives?
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy for Large Artery Atherosclerosis
- Early Reocclusion after Mechanical Thrombectomy: Prevalence, Predictors, and Impact on Long-Term Outcome
- Early Reocclusion: A Predictable Enemy
- Eating Healthy: Tips for Stroke Prevention
- Elevated Troponin Levels After Ischemic Stroke: Take a Look at the Heart!
- Emerging Significance of Non-Focal TIA Symptoms
- Endovascular Therapy for Stroke Can Be Translated from Ideal World to Real World
- Endovascular Thrombectomy Appears to be Effective Treatment for Acute Ischemic Stroke Associated with Cervical Artery Dissection
- Endovascular Treatment and Diffusion-Weighted Imaging Reversal
- ESOC 2019 Session: Cerebral Small Vessel Disease
- ESOC 2019 Session: Endovascular Treatment - Clinical Practice
- ESOC 2019 Session: Future Directions on Thrombolysis
- ESOC 2019 Session: Intracerebral Haemorrhage I
- ESOC 2019 Session: Official Welcome & Large Clinical Trials
- ESOC 2019: Insights from the Large Clinical Trials Sessions, May 23 and 24
- European Stroke Organisation Conference 2018: Insights from the Large Clinical Trials Session
- Evaluation and Treatment Issues of a Cancer-Related Stroke Patient
- Extended Thrombectomy Window After Stroke: Review of the DAWN trial
- Extending Endovascular Therapy Treatment Time: Time to Face the Unmet Needs in Acute Stroke Care
- Extension of Therapeutic Time Window for Acute Ischemic Stroke and its Implications — Highlighting the DEFUSE 3 Trial
- First ever stroke in Sickle Cell Disease: What different in adults?
- Focal CTP Abnormalities in TIA
- Get With the Guidelines (GWTG) Participation is Associated with Improved Clinical Outcomes in Medicare Ischemic Stroke Patients
- Getting at a Root Cause of Disparities with Hip-Hop Stroke
- Getting Stroke Patients to the Right Hospital — Fast: The FAST-ED Smartphone App
- Head of the Bed Flat: What is the Big Deal?
- Heart Failure Associated With All Types of Strokes at Long-term Follow Up
- Hemoglobin A1C and Clinical Outcomes After Thrombectomy
- Here’s a way to stop those annoying aneurysms from growing!
- Hide and Seek: Using Cardiac MRI to Find a Hidden Clot in ESUS
- High BP at time of Stroke Associated with Increased Risk of Recurrent Stroke in the Young
- High Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio: Another Tool in Stroke-Associated Pneumonia
- History of Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Hitting the Sack After Brain Attack: The Relationship Between Sleep, Preconditioning and Stroke
- Hope in Recovery After Stroke
- How Important is it to Take a Family History?
- How Long Should We Give Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Minor Acute Ischemic Stroke?
- How Should We Best Treat M2 Occlusions?
- Hyperintense Plaque: Biomarker for Symptomatic Carotid Disease
- Hypertension is Less Well-Controlled After Stroke Than After Myocardial Infarction in the Veterans Health Administration System – A Call to Action?
- Impact of Air Pollution on Stroke Mortality
- Importance of Intravenous Thrombolysis for Large Vessel Anterior Circulation Stroke in the Era of Endovascular Therapy
- Improved Diagnostic Accuracy of Non-Occlusive Intracranial Vasculopathies With the Use of Vessel Wall Imaging
- Improving Thrombolytic Therapy Treatment Time Using an Integrated Telestroke Program
- In Search for a Potential Biomarker for Small Vessel Disease: Is Plasma Aβ Level the Answer?
- In Search of an IV-tPA Biomarker for LVO
- In-Patient Code Strokes — A Need for Speed
- Increasing Stroke Awareness and Care: Moving in the Right Direction
- Infarct Growth in the Early Time Windows: The Time Paradox
- Infection Impact on Stroke Outcome Beyond Hospital Discharge
- Insights from Modeling Stroke Systems of Care in Philadelphia
- Intervening on Interventions in Endovascular Stroke Treatment
- Interview: Professor Dr. Hans-Christoph Diener on “Dabigatran for Prevention of Stroke after Embolic Stroke of Undetermined Source”
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage Shape Predicts the Risk of Intracerebral Hematoma Expansion
- Intracranial Arterial Dolichoectasia Is Not Associated With Traditional Vascular Risk Factors
- Intracranial Carotid Artery Calcification and Effectiveness of Endovascular Thrombectomy and Functional Outcome in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Intracranial Dolichoectasia vs. Intracranial Atherosclerosis
- Intravenous Thrombolysis in the Endovascular Mechanical Thrombectomy Era: Clot Location Determines Perfusion Outcomes
- Inverse Relationship Between Leukocyte Count and ICH Hematoma Expansion
- Is Endovascular Thrombectomy Safe and Effective in Large Vessel Occlusion Patients with ASPECTS 0-5: Time to Rethink?
- Is IL Receptor Antagonist an Answer to Ischemic Stroke-Related Inflammation?: A Review of the SCIL-Stroke Trial
- Is It Possible to Predict the Occurrence of Cerebral Edema After Intravenous Thrombolysis? An Exploratory Analysis From the SITS-ISTR Registry
- Is Neuroprotection the Next Revolutionary Step in Stroke Therapy?
- ISC 2019: Acute Endovascular Treatment Oral Abstracts III
- ISC 2019: Opening a Window and Throwing Out the Clock
- ISC Session: “Chronic Kidney Disease and Stroke”
- ISC Session: “Cost Effective Stroke Interventions in Low and Middle Income Countries” — Left Behind or a Different Reality?
- ISC Session: “I Know the Best Way to Select Patients and Perform Stroke Thrombectomy” (Debate)
- ISC Session: “Medical Therapy for Symptomatic Carotid Stenosis: Time for Modern Data”
- ISC Session: “One Size Fits All? Models for Thrombectomy Systems of Care”
- ISC Session: “Stroke Telehealth: Controversies and Solutions”
- ISC Session: “Stroke, Anticoagulants and Antidotes”
- ISC Session: “The Justin Zivin Memorial Session: The Tried and Tested vs the New Kid on the Block: The tPA vs tNK Debate”
- ISC Session: “Vulnerable Carotid Plaque Imaging and Management: A New Dawn?”
- ISC Session: “What’s Old Is New Again: Neuroprotection for Stroke in 2019”
- ISC Stroke Journal Symposium: "Imaging Approaches to Patient Selection for Thrombectomy"
- ISC: Report on a Positive Study of the EXTEND Trial
- Ischemic Penumbra and the Race Against Time. Or Is It?
- Ischemic Stroke Incidence in Young Adults
- IV-tPA and Mechanical Thrombectomy – A Winning Team
- Johns Hopkins Stroke Dept. Live Blogs About “Thrombolysis Guided by Perfusion Imaging up to 9 Hours after Onset of Stroke”
- Key to Identifying the Culprit Aneurysm Among Multiple Aneurysms in Patients with Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Large Analysis Confirms Poor Outcome of Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Patients on Treatment with Antiplatelets and Vitamin K Antagonists
- Large Core at Presentation Does Not Essentially Translate Into Poor Outcomes, May Be Amenable to Treatment in Select Patients
- Large Ischemic Core: Treat or Not Treat?
- Larger Core and Lengthened Time: Farther Horizons in Stroke Thrombectomy
- Lesions of the precental gyrus are predictive of apraxia of speech
- Literature Synopses: Dementia and Vascular Cognitive Impairment
- Literature Synopses: Stroke Disease and Kidney Disease
- Location of Brain Infarct and Gender is Associated with Risk of Dementia: A Review of AGES-Reykjavik Study
- Long-Term Vascular Risk in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Survivors
- Low-Dose Rivaroxaban Plus Aspirin: A New Way to Prevent Strokes?
- Lower Rates of Intravenous Thrombolysis in Acute Stroke Patients with Comorbid Mental Illness
- Malignant Brain Edema: Revascularization As a New Tool to Avoid It?
- Management of Symptomatic Post tPA Hemorrhage in Acute Ischemic Strokes: An Expert Consensus Guideline
- Mechanical Thrombectomy in Patients with Minor Strokes and Large Vessel Occlusion: The “Too Good to Intervene” Dilemma
- Meta-Analysis Concludes Pregnancy is Relatively Safe in Patients With a History of Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
- Metaclopramide Preventing Aspiration Pneumonia in Stroke Patients with NG Tube Feeds
- Microbiology of Pneumonia in Patients with Stroke
- Middle Meningeal Artery Embolization for Chronic Recurrent Subdural Hematoma
- Migraine, PFO, and Ischemic Stroke – Is There a Relationship?
- More Than Meets the MRI: Texture Analysis Shows Normal Appearing White Matter is Not So Normal in SVD, Predicts Cognitive Impairment and Decline
- Motivational Interviewing for secondary stroke prevention adherence
- NAVIGATE Through the Current Treatment Options in Secondary Stroke Prevention of ESUS Patients with Patent Foramen Ovale
- Neuronal Loss in Ischemic Stroke: Time is Relative
- Neurons Over Nephrons Still Holds True
- New Benchmark to Measure Angiographic Success of Recanalization in Ischemic Stroke Patients Undergoing Thrombectomy
- New Scoring System Proposed to Better Predict Outcomes for Ruptured Aneurysm Microsurgery
- New Trial DEFUSEs Any Doubts in the New DAWN of Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Newer Hydrogel Coils Show Promising Results for the Treatment of Small and Medium Size Intracranial Aneurysms
- No Benefit for Poststroke Dysphagia with Pharyngeal Electrical Stimulation: a Randomized Controlled Trial
- No Cessation of Anticoagulants in Patients with Mild Acute Ischemic Strokes? A Post-hoc Analysis from the Preventive Antibiotics in Stroke Study
- Observational Study Data on the Utility of EVT for Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients with LVO and Mild Neurological Deficits: Shivering Lights Through the Mist!
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Biomarkers: A Potential Marker of Incident Ischemic Stroke Risk?
- Optical Coherence Tomography: New Insights into Cerebral Vasculature
- Optimal Timing of DWI for TIA
- Outcomes of Anticoagulation for Venous Thrombosis, a Meta-Analysis
- Outcomes of Telestroke Patients: The “Drip-and-Stay” vs. “Drip-and-Ship” Model
- Patient-Centered Outcome Analysis for Stroke Trials
- PCI Setting Has Little Effect on Post-Stroke Cardiovascular Outcomes and Mortality
- Peri-Procedural Silent and Clinical Infarctions in Cardiovascular Procedures
- Physical Activity and Stroke Risk: A Role for Moderate Physical Activity
- Physical Activity: A potential target for post stroke fatigue?
- Post-Marketing Observations From the Use of Apixaban in the Real-World Setting
- Post-Sepsis Stroke: What Are the Risk Factors?
- Post-Stroke Seizures in Relation to Age, Race, and Stroke Subtype
- Post-Thrombolysis Recanalization in Patients with Large Vessel Occlusions
- Predicting Blood in the Real World
- Predicting Fall Risk in Stroke Patients
- Predicting Hemorrhagic Transformation Following tPA Using CT and CT Perfusion Images
- Predicting Large Vessel Occlusions in Ischemic Stroke Patients: Search for the Holy Scale
- Predicting Outcomes on the Stroke Checkerboard
- Predicting Stroke Outcome with Multimodality CT
- Prehospital Transfer Tool for Stroke Patients: Simplifying Complex Decisions
- Prehospital Triage and the Race Against Time
- Presence of amyloid-beta deposition on PET predicts cognitive decline after stroke or TIA
- Proteinuria, A New Disease Marker?
- Rate of Successful Recanalization in Extended Time Windows is Similar to Early Treatment Windows
- Readmission after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Real-world Data on Safety and Efficacy of NOACs in Asians
- Recovery Post-Stroke: Proportional or Not?
- Reducing Recurrent Strokes with Secondary Risk-Factor Modification — Reflections from Temporal Trends in a Population-Based Study
- Remote Ischemic Conditioning May Improve Outcomes of Patients With Cerebral Small-Vessel Disease
- Research methodology and ascertainment of post-stroke dementia
- Resistant Atherosclerosis
- Resuming Anticoagulation After Intracranial Hemorrhage: The Tides are Shifting
- Review on Decision-Making in Patients with PFO
- Revolutionized Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation: The Impact of Non-Vitamin K Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs)
- Rising Incidence of Stroke in Pregnancy: What’s to Blame?
- Role of Combined Clopidogrel and Aspirin in High-Risk TIA and Stroke: Discussing the POINT Trial
- Safety and Efficacy of Intravenous Thrombolysis for Non-Disabling Strokes Through the PRISM: “Primum Non Nocere” vs. “Remorseful Regretting”
- Saving Stroke Lives with EMS Prehospital Notification: Interview with Dr. Ethan Brandler
- Seeing Your Dentist Regularly Might Save You From Having a Stroke: The Association Between Poor Dental Hygiene and Incident Ischemic Stroke
- Serum Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase at Time of Stroke is Associated With Post-Stroke Mortality and Recurrent, Fatal Stroke
- Should We RESPECT PFO Closure?
- Size doesn’t matter, if the patient has a stroke in one of these two locations
- Size of Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysm — Is Epidemiology Really Changing?
- Sleep Apnea and Stroke: Interview with Antonio Culebras, MD
- So You've Found Some Microbleeds, What Now?
- SSRIs after Ischemic Stroke: Not Exactly a Magic Pill
- Statins and Carotid Artery Stenting
- Statins and Intracerebral Hemorrhage — Causation or Coincidence?
- Statins for Chronic Subdural Hematoma
- Statins just can’t catch a break…
- Stent Retriever: Does the Size Really Matter?
- Stressing Over Sugar: Prognostic Implications of Stress Hyperglycemia After Stroke
- Stroke and Systemic Vascular Disease — A Different Method of Identifying High-Risk Patients
- Stroke Care in India
- Stroke Mechanism Suggested by Thrombus Permeability on CT Angiography
- Stroke Risk Stratification in Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation — Validating CHA2DS2-VASc in an Asian Cohort
- Stroke Thrombectomy: Further, It´s Possible
- Successful Closure of Patent Foramen Ovale Result in Less Risk of Stroke — A Brief Review
- Systems of Care, Pediatric Stroke Alert: 25% Strokes, 40% Neurologic Emergencies
- Taking Patients Directly to Comprehensive Stroke Centers May Be Feasible for Patients and Hospitals
- Tandem Lesions: To Stent or Not To Stent?
- Tandem Occlusion: If You See It, Stent It
- TCD Evaluation of Autoregulation as a Predictor of Stroke Functional Outcome
- The Added Value of CTA Spot Sign for Prediction of Intracerebral Hemorrhage Expansion
- The ARISTOPHANES Study: Real-World Evidence About Oral Anticoagulants
- The Association of C-Reactive Protein and Amyloid Blood Biomarkers with Advanced Imaging Markers
- The Complex Relationship Between Statins and Intracerebral Hemorrhage Outcomes
- The contribution of convexal subarachnoid hemorrhage to disease progression in cerebral amyloid angiopathy
- The Heart of All Matters: Atrial Cardiopathy
- The Importance of Recognizing New Anxiety in Post-Stroke Care
- The Modified Treatment in Cerebral Ischemia Score: Does It Matter Who is Scoring It?
- The PLUMBER Study Yields an Important Piece of the Stroke Systems of Care Puzzle
- The renocerebrovascular nexus and small vessel strokes
- The Role of MIST in Recanalization Times for Large Vessel Occlusion
- The Tale of High Cortisol Levels, Shrinking Brain and Cognitive Impairment Among Adults in Their 40s
- The Times Are A-Changin’: Trends in Endovascular Therapy and Clinical Outcomes in the Nationwide Registry
- Therapeutic Management of Aspirin Failure – Does Changing the Antiplatelet Regimen Help?
- Thrombectomy in Acute Stroke with TANdem Lesions: TITANic Technical Challenge?
- Thrombectomy is Successful, and the Artery is Open. Should I Worry About Reperfusion Injury?
- Ticagrelor Versus Aspirin — A Closer Look at ESUS in SOCRATES
- Tick Tock Goes the Collateral Clock
- Tranexamic Acid for Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Transcranial Doppler Helps with Understanding of Cerebral Hemodynamics After Endovascular Recanalization
- Transcranial Stimulation for Aphasia Recovery in Subacute Stroke Patients
- Transthoracic Echocardiography: Can We Eliminate Unnecessary Testing?
- Use of DWI-FLAIR Mismatch for IV-tPA: Results from the WAKE UP Trial
- Using COMPASS for Primary and Secondary Ischemic Stroke Prevention?
- Using CT Perfusion to Predict Hemorrhagic Transformation
- Using MRI-based Techniques for Easier Recognition of Hemodynamic Failure in Chronic Cerebrovascular Steno-Occlusive Disease
- Utility Weighted Modified Rankin Scale and the Future of Patient-Centered Outcomes in Stroke Research
- Validating Functional Outcome Prediction Models in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Testing the ASTRAL and DRAGON Scores
- Vertebral Artery Patency and Recanalization Success
- Visual Vertical Orientation: A tool to guide post-stroke rehab?
- Walking the Walk: Gait Measures as Predictors of Post-Stroke Cognitive Function
- Watching Paint Dry: Do We Need to Watch tPA for 24 Hours?
- What's Behind Childhood Arterial Ischemic Stroke?
- What's Drip and Ship got to do with it?
- What’s New in Stroke Diagnosis and Prognosis
- When More Isn’t More: Increasing Stent Retriever Passes Associated with Futile Recanalization
- When Should We Anticoagulate Atrial Fibrillation Patients After an Intracranial Hemorrhage?
- Which Hemostatic Agents Should We Use in Acute ICH?
- Who Are You? Where Are You From? Mr. Clot?
- World Stroke Congress Session: Advances in Stroke Imaging
- World Stroke Day and the Global Burden of Stroke: Miles to Go Before We Sleep
- World Stroke Day: A Call for Action to Get #UpAgainAfterStroke
- World Stroke Day: Get Involved! Share Your Story.
- World Stroke Day: How Do We Think About Cerebrovascular Disease With a Global Perspective?
- World Stroke Day: Improving Stroke Care in Low-Income Countries
- ►Conference (67)
- ►controversy (6)
- ►diagnosis and imaging (126)
- ►epidemiology and genetics (81)
- ►health care (23)
- ►hemorrhage (20)
- ►outcomes (21)
- ►pathogenesis (12)
- ►policy (23)
- ►prevention (29)
- ►prognosis (33)
- ►rehabilitation (9)
- ►special article collection (1)
- ►treatment (120)
- ►Uncategorized (316)
- ►World Stroke Day (10)