Menon BK, Almekhlafi MA, Pereira VM, Gralla J, Bonafe A, Davalos A, et al. Optimal Workflow and Process-Based Performance Measures for Endovascular Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Analysis of the Solitaire FR Thrombectomy for Acute Revascularization Study. Stroke. 2014
#OriginalResearch: Clinical, Neuroimaging, and Genetic Markers in Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy-Related Inflammation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis #stroke #AHAjournals https://t.co/TxfSV7x1p0 @UCLStrokeRes @Simona_Sacco_ @ArKatsanos @PrCCordonnier https://t.co/B4moHruZIV
#Stroke December Cover Figure: #StrokeImages #DuralArterioVenousFistula, a diagnosis to keep in mind when investigating #myelopathy, even in unusual locations such as the high cervical region #DAVF #AHAjournals https://t.co/tbzJKfbLfH @FrancisMilletB @dreiscarneiro https://t.co/PVe627FEik
Ayush Agarwal, MD, DM, DNB
Mona Al Banna, MB BCh, MSc
Farah Aleisa, MD, FRCPC
Karissa Arthur, MD
Yasmin Aziz, MD*
Melissa Bailey, MD
Isabella Canavero, MD*
Saurav Das, MD*
Wern Yew Ding, MBChB, MRCP*
Tolga Daniel Dittrich, MD*
Ying Gue, MB ChB, PhD*
Praveen Hariharan, MD
Sara Hassani, MD, MHS
Muhammad Rizwan Husain, MD*
Fransisca Indraswari, MD
Nurose Karim, MD*
Arooshi Kumar, MD
Andy Lim, MBBS, BMedSci, MBA, FACEM, GAICD*
Ammad Mahmood, MBChB, BMedSci*
Sishir Mannava, MD*
Csilla Manoczki, MD*
Juan Carlos Martinez Gutierrez, MD
Lukas Mayer-Suess, MD*
Thomas Meinel, MD*
Andrew Micieli, MMI, MD
Kevin O’Connor, MD*
Lauren A. Peruski, DO*
Hannah Roeder, MD, MPH
Faddi G. Saleh Velez, MD
Aurora Semerano, MD*
Vera Sharashidze, MD*
Kristina Shkirkova, BSc*
Meghana Srinivas, MD
Burton J. Tabaac, MD*
Ericka Samantha Teleg, MD*
Parth Upadhyaya, DO
Dixon Yang, MD
Vignan Yogendrakumar, MD, MSc
Sohei Yoshimura, MD, PhD*
- ►author interview (48)
- ►basic sciences (41)
- ►clinical (837)
- ►Conference (147)
- ►controversy (8)
- ►diagnosis and imaging (156)
- ►epidemiology and genetics (93)
- ►health care (36)
- ►hemorrhage (27)
- ►outcomes (43)
- ►pathogenesis (19)
- ►policy (29)
- ►prevention (42)
- ►prognosis (50)
- ►rehabilitation (16)
- ►special article collection (1)
- ►treatment (179)
- ▼Uncategorized (316)
- 24hr BP in Elderly
- 35% Good Outcome Rate in IV-tPA treated Patients with CTA Confirmed Severe Anterior Circulation Occlusive Stroke
- A History of the TOAST Classification
- A New Clue to Our Understanding of the Relationship Between Statin Use and Intracranial Hemorrhage
- A New Generation of Flow Diverter
- A pill for prevention: Counseling prior to OCP use
- A population-based study of disability & institutionalisation after TIA and stroke: results from the Oxford Vascular Study
- A Randomized trial of Unruptured Brain AVMs (ARUBA) shows that conservative therapy may be preferable
- A Smashing Success? Another look at the etiologic classification of intracerebral hemorrhage
- A systemic review and meta-analysis of the utility of MRA for the detection of intracranial aneurysms
- ABCD2 Validity and Reliability
- Accuracy of Diffusion Weighted Imaging in Suspected Cerebral Infarctions
- AcSDKP shown to provide potent neuroprotection in rats after stroke
- Acute Cerebrovascular Disease in the Young
- Adiponectin and Risk of Stroke
- Admission Insular Infarction >25% is the Strongest Predictor of Large Mismatch Loss in Proximal MCA Stroke
- Advanced CT imaging Linked with More Reperfusion Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Age correlates with critical pressure for arterial wall rupture
- Alcohol and Stroke Severity
- An apple a day keeps stroke away
- Aneurysm Rupture Risk
- Angiopoetin-1: A potential target for improving stroke outcomes
- Animal interventions in lacunar stroke, clinical trials down the pipeline
- Annexin A2 combined with TPA improves long-term outcome, reduces hemorrhage
- Antihypertensive Medications Slow Progession of Arterial Stiffness due to Aging
- Anxiety linked to increased risk of stroke
- Argatroban preserves learning and memory in a rat stroke model
- ASCOD phenotyping of ischemic stroke and overlap of underlying conditions
- ASPECTS 0-4? Cath lab no more.
- Assessing risk of aneurysm rupture: size isn’t everything
- Assessment of cerebral microvascular remodeling using CT Perfusion in chronic hyperglycemia
- Association of hypertension with stroke recurrence depends on ischemic stroke subtype
- Atherosclerosis in a General Population: the Hisayama Study
- Atrial Fibrillation is Associated With Reduced Brain Volume and Cognitive Function Independent of Cerebral Infarcts
- Atrial Fibrillation, Subclinical Infarcts, and Cognitive Decline
- BCAA in rat model of stroke
- Blood pressure management after carotid revascularization: We have to do better
- Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity: A novel prognostic marker of recovery after stroke
- But are they well? Outcome measures and quality of life after stroke
- Can taped glasses and optokinetic training effectively treat neglect?
- Canabis Lifestyle
- Candesartan in acute stroke on cognitive function and quality of life
- Cardiac Event Moitoring Trial
- Carotid Atherosclerosis and Risk of Subsequent Coronary Event
- Carotid Bifurcation Geometry is an Independent Predictor of Early Wall Thickening at the Carotid Bulb
- Carotid plaque pathology: a tool for stroke therapy?
- Cerebral Cavernous Malformations (CCM) in Ischemic Stroke Patients, to tPA or not to tPA?
- Cerebral Microbleeds and Cognition
- Cerebral microbleeds and thrombolysis for acute stroke: should we be concerned?
- Cerebral small vessel disease- Can we blame it all on ischemia
- Cerebral vasomotor reactivity and the risk of mortality: the Rotterdam Study
- Change is not good: BP variability and ICH outcomes
- Changing Demographics at a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Chronic apraxia of Speech and “Broca’s Area”
- CKD and cerebral microbleeds
- Clinical associations and causes of convexity sub-arachnoid hemorrhage.
- Clinical outcomes associated with degree of reperfusion achieved in target mismatch: Pooled data from the DEFUSE studies
- Cognitive Decline and Vascular Reactivity, an association, or causal mechanism?
- Cognitive screening acutely requires more study
- Collateral flow: utilizing CTP for rapid assessment of viable collaterals in acute stroke
- Comparing cIMT with stroke risk factors
- Comparison of stroke risk factor profiles in ischemic stroke v/s hemorrhagic stroke patients with type 1 diabetes as a guide to understanding pathophysiology
- Comprehensive health disparity study of ICH patients well underway
- Computer Modeling to Affect Change: A Systems simulation approach to stroke care
- Concomitant headache influences long-term prognosis after acute cerebral ischemia of non-cardioembolic origin
- Constraint Induced Rx trial
- Cost effectiveness of newer agents
- Cost effectiveness of optimizing acute stroke care services for thrombolysis
- Could styloid bone be a cause of cervical carotid artery dissection?
- CT perfusion aspects outcome
- CTP vs. MRP: Validating perfusion modalities after AIS
- Dabigatran May Be Safer Than Warfarin
- Declining risk of recurrent stroke: credit to secondary prevention measures
- Declining stroke rates after MI: A testament to improved coronary care
- Decreased Corticospinal Tract Fractional Anisotropy
- Desmopressin: keeping beds dry and keeping hemorrhages small.
- Developing stroke systems of care in Mexico: Many challenges but more opportunities
- Development of a Point-based Prediction Model for the Incidence of Total Stroke
- Diabetes, admission glucose, and outcomes after stroke thrombolysis. A registry and systematic review
- Did the Presence of Collaterals Undermined the SWIFT Study Results?
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging may underestimate acute ischemic lesions
- Disparate Results? Diet and Carotid Disease
- Do All Ischemic Stroke Patients Benefit from Ultra-Early tPA?
- Does a cryptogenic stroke in a cancer patient spell doom?
- Does Being of Chinese Descent and Overweight Protect Against Subarachnoid Hemorrhage?
- Does Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy increase ICH risk after rtPA?
- Does more rehab = better outcome?
- Does statin use increase the risk of cerebral hemorrhage after thrombolysis?
- Does stroke = statin for all?
- Does the state you live in affect post-stroke discharge to rehab?
- Don’t ignore that headache: Migraine and silent brain infarction
- DWI-FLAIR mismatch on 3T MRI to identify acute patients
- DWI:FLAIR Mismatch in Wake-Up—Quantifying the subjective
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation in acute intracerebral hemorrhage
- Early DWI Reversal after Endovascular Reperfusion: Transient or Sustained?
- Early prediction of delayed cerebral ischemia after SAH
- Early speech therapy hastens shift in cortical activation, improves outcomes post-stroke
- Electrochemical failure of the brain cortex
- Elevated Homocysteine and Carotid Plaque Area and Densitometry
- Endothelial stem cells impact stroke recovery
- Endovascular Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms with Flow Diverters
- Evaluation of CT Angiography Plaque Thickness Measurements in High-Grade Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Exploring Intracranial Aneurysms Using Carbon Birth Dating
- Expression of Inflammatory Genes: A Prelude to Intracranial Aneurysmal Rupture.
- External validation of the SICH-score
- Factors associated with onset-to-door time in TIA patients admitted to stroke centers
- Factors predicting ischemic stroke vs. hemorrhage
- Factors that delayed treatment in the STAR study
- Family History as a Risk Factor for Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Famridine for Stroke
- FAST times: Multimedia campaigns increase stroke symptom awareness in Australia
- FCRP v MMSE for Old Stroke
- Female Sex and Smoking in the Natural Course of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms.
- Fewer strokes after PCI vs. CABG, even long-term
- Five-fold difference in stroke mortality rates between Chicago neighborhoods.
- Flow Diversion Versus Conventional Treatment for Carotid Cavernous Aneurysms
- Foot Drop Stimulation vs Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Functional Imaging Meta-Analysis Reveals Biomarkers for Stroke Recovery
- Functional status and outcomes following CEA for asymptomatic stenosis
- Gender disparities in IV rt-PA use
- Gender, smoking, stroke – unearthing disparities
- Gene links moya-moya and intracranial athero in Japan
- Genome wide analysis of blood pressure variability and ischemic stroke
- Glyburide for acute ischemic stroke
- Government policy drives stroke center certification
- Heme Iron Intake and Risk of Stroke
- Hemicraniectomy for malignant stroke: New analysis from HAMLET
- Hemodynamic quantification in brain arteriovenous malformations with time-resolved spin-labeled MRA
- Heritability of ICH risk and outcome
- HgbA1c Predicts Symptomatic Hemorrhage after Thrombolysis in Ischemic Stroke
- HIAT2 Score Predicts Poor Responders to Endovascular Therapy
- High resolution MRI findings of MCA plaques and subcortical infarcts
- High-density lipoprotein subclasses and risk of stroke
- High-density Lipoprotein–based Therapy Reduces Hemorrhagic Complications
- Higher volume stroke centers administer tPA more and they do it faster.
- How good are we at detecting atrial fibrillation?
- How good is the the Framingham Stroke Risk Score in a Predominantly Black Population?
- How Much Do Women Know About Stroke?
- How Much does Intracranial Hemorrhage Cost?
- How much is too much? White matter hyperintensity burden on MRI
- How old is it? Time from symptom discovery estimates age of wake-up stroke.
- How to Optimize Secondary Prevention Medication Use in Stroke Survivors
- Hypoperfusion increases ischemia in carotid stenting vs. CEA
- ICH ADAPT Investigators BP Reduction on CBF
- ICH Score Comparison
- Impact of Early Blood Pressure Variability on Stroke Outcomes after Thrombolysis
- Impact of hemoglobin range on clinical outcomes in acute ischemic stroke
- Improved detection of silent atrial fibrillation using 72 hours Holter ECG in patients with ischemic stroke.
- Improving Door to Needle Times: A Single Center Validation of the Target Stroke Hypothesis
- Improving Stroke Prediction with N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP)
- In PURSUIT of faster door-to-needle times, is telemedicine the answer?
- Incidence and Associations of Poststroke Epilepsy
- Incidence of Symptomatic Hemorrhage in Patients with Lobar Microbleeds
- Increase risk of stroke in middle aged Japanese women who are overqualified for their jobs.
- Increased stroke rates among Mexican Americans not explained by lack of treatment for HTN
- Infection and ischemic stroke- the bidirectional connection
- INTERACT 2 results just presented in London
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage due to Oral Anticoagulant use in the Netherlands
- Intracranial hemorrhage mortality in atrial fibrillation patients treated with dabigatran or warfarin
- Intrarterial is not superior to intravenous autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells
- Intravenous tPA hemorrhage risk in the renally impaired
- INTRAVENTRICULAR FIBRINOLYSIS: Removing the clog and restoring drainage
- Investigating ICH severity with dabigatran and warfarin utilizing mouse models and novel imaging techniques
- Is Framingham Stroke Risk Score overestimating the risk of stroke?
- Is the Group Judgment Better than an Individuals Assessment of Stroke Functional Outcome?
- Is There an Association between INR Levels, NIH Stroke Scale at Stroke Onset, And Functional Outcome at Discharge?
- Ischemic Stroke in Sweden
- IV-tPA + MCA occlusion: which patients benefit?
- IV-TPA in the extended time window appears safe in U.S. population
- Laacunar infarcts and white matter tract integrity
- Lacunar Strokes in Diabetics
- Lagoons vs. Lacunes – Understanding the depth of the matter.
- Life's Simple 7
- Live Blogging from the ESC 2014: Results of the TIAregistry.org Study Presented
- Localized Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Defects and Stroke
- Low DHEAS associated with increased risk of ischemic stroke in women
- Luminal Narrowing of Leptomeningeal Arteries in CADASIL
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-DRAGON Score
- Major Drivers of Increased Costs with Endovascular Therapy of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Results from the IMS-3 study
- Mechanical Discordance of the Left Atrium and Appendage: A Novel Mechanism of Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation
- Medial Premotor Cortex Shows A Reduction In Inhibitory Markers And Mediates
- MES on TCD
- Meta-analysis shows association between cognitive impairment and future stroke
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, is priming helping stroke patients to recover faster?
- MMP9 variation after thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke
- More is more: Dose-response benefits of therapy after stroke
- Mortality after MI associated Ischemic Stroke in Sweden
- MRI T1 contrast permeability
- Multi-vessel cervical artery dissection: The CADISP group results
- Multimodal MRI reveals targets for stroke rehabilitation
- Neuroimaging Findings in Cryptogenic Stroke Patients with and without PFO
- New Ordinal scale to quantify total MRI burden of cerebral small vessel disease
- NIHSS scores across a population: Sampling our collective stroke “health”
- Non-relevant cerebral atherosclerosis
- Novel imaging techniques to characterize cerebral cavernous malformations (CCM)
- NT-proBNP levels for stroke risk prediction in anticoagulated patients
- Occult atrial fibrillation in cryptogenic stroke
- Our Obsession with Endovascular Therapy for Ischemic Stroke, Are We Missing the Bigger Picture?
- Outcomes of a Contemporary Cohort Of 536 Consecutive Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients Treated With Endovascular Therapy
- Outcomes of Carotid Endarterectomy in the Elderly
- Paramedics in an ambulance-based trial for acute stroke. The RIGHT trial (Rapid Intervention with Glyceryl trinitrate in Hypertensive stroke Trial)
- Parkinsonism is a Late, Not Rare, Feature of CADASIL
- Patient and carer satisfaction in centralised hyperacute stroke units in London
- PEG Score to Predict Surgical Feeding Tube Placement
- Perfusion Computed Tomography Adds Value
- Perfusion-Diffusion Mismatch on MRI Can Predict Progression in TIA or Minor Stroke
- Peri-Procedural Arterial Spin Labeling
- Poor functional outcome in young stroke patients aged 18-50 years.
- Population Health and Stroke Care-a wave of the future?
- Possible clue to the cause of SAH-induced vasospasm revealed
- Post-Stroke Hyperglycemia: A Blessing or a Curse?
- Post-Stroke participation restriction: A new measure of disability to broaden our understanding of stroke survivorship
- Post-Stroke stroke-related disability; not a contraindication to thrombolysis therapy
- Post-stroke Use of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Clinical Outcome
- Predicting Hospital Depression
- Predicting late seizures after ICH using novel CAVE score
- Predicting Outcome in Pediatric ICH
- Predicting Outcomes after Endovascular Therapy for Anterior Circulation Large Vessel Occlusions
- Predicting symptomatic hemorrhage after thrombolysis
- Predicting the addition of an insult to an injury: spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage and pneumonia.
- Predicting the risk of recurrent stroke: Can CRP help?
- Prediction of post stroke hemorrhagic transformation using CT perfusion
- Predictors for Recurrent Primary Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Primary preventive potential for stroke by avoidance of major lifestyle risk factors: the EPIC-Heidelberg cohort.
- Protamine and CAS
- Pulse Wave Velocity and Cognitive Decline in Elders
- Real-time Validation of Transcranial Doppler Criteria in Assessing Recanalization
- Recanalization and Outcome after IV tPA
- Recanalizing with waves, now hands free—the CLOTBUST-HF safety study
- Reducing Delay of Carotid Endarterectomy in Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients
- Reliability (Inter-rater Agreement) of the Barthel Index
- RESPECT PFO and PC Trial analyses presented at the ESC
- Revisiting the rapidly improving stroke symptom (RISS)
- Rising tide: Gender and stroke rates in rural China
- Risk of SAH and Early Case Fatality
- Risk of Stroke or Systemic Embolism in Atrial Fibrillation Patients Treated With Warfarin
- Robots to serve as stroke outcome surrogate?
- Role of Balloon Expandable Stents in Intracranial Athersclerotic Disease
- ROSIER no better than FAST in prehospital stroke prediction
- Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of Escalating Repeat Doses of GSK249320
- SAMMPRIS results further validated with Nationwide Inpatient Sample outcome data
- Serum Albumin, A Novel Biomarker for Cryptogenic Strokes and Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation?
- Sex differences in the use of early do-not-resuscitate orders after intracerebral hemorrhage
- Sex does matter: Outcomes after acute ischemic stroke in Austria
- Sex-specific associations between systolic blood pressure and the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Silent Information Regulator 1 (SIRT1) and neuroprotection
- Silent Ischemic Strokes Due to Septic Emboli in Patients with Infective Endocarditis Are Much More Common Than Previously Thought- Future Cognitive Impact?
- SIS validation
- SITS-ISTR database uncovers risk factors for hemorrhage remote from ischemic bed
- Sleep duration and stroke mortality in Chinese adults…the Goldilocks phenomenon?
- SLSR differences in outcome and predictors between ischaemic and haemorrhagic stroke
- Small unruptured aneurysms – a new pipeline for flow diverting stents?
- So you can manage adults with TIA. What about children?
- Socioeconomic deprivation linked to reduced survival after stroke in England
- Socioeconomic Status and Care After Stroke
- Sour outcome: Glucose metabolism and stroke
- Spinal Cord AVMs Are Getting Attention They Deserve
- Statin Therapy and Outcome After Ischaemic Stroke
- Statins reduce early stroke in symptomatic carotid disease
- Statins Reduce Neurologic Injury in Asymptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy
- Stent vs CEA: predictors of ischemic lesions after intervention
- Storke belt in China
- Strictly Lobar Microbleeds Are Associated With Executive Impairment in Patients With Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack
- Stroke Care in the Republic of Armenia: Impressions from the Recent Stroke Treatment 2013 Conference
- Stroke Quality Metrics as Basis for Value Based Reimbursement and Purchasing
- Stroke Severity as Well as Time Should Determine Stroke Patient Triage
- Stroke Subtype and Recurrence
- Stroke, depression, and mortality among very old people
- Stroke...Where Would You Want to Be?
- Subarachnoid after ICH and Outcome
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in a Multimodal Approach
- Subcortical ischemic stroke has both local atrophic and distant trophic effects on gray matter volume
- Sugar-High: Elevated HbA1c levels correlate with WMD
- Suprascapular Nerve Block For Hemiplegic Shoulder Pain
- SWI improves detection of cerebral microbleeds regardless of reviewer expertise.
- SWI microbleeds not associated with higher risk of post-tPA hemorrhage
- Temporal Pattern of Cytotoxic Edema in the Perihematomal Region After Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- The 6 minute acute stroke MRI/MRA/DSC
- The Age of Collagen in Intracranial Saccular Aneurysms
- The band plays on: excellent revascularization and neurologic outcome with the Solitaire stentriever
- The basics on what happens after stroke in Mexican Americans
- The Effect of Graduated Compression Stockings on Long-term Outcomes
- The Hub Has Spoken.Tertiary Care Center Transfers and Patient Outcomes
- The inflammation theories in intracerebral hemorrhage
- The Intracerebral Hemorrhage Acutely Decreasing Arterial Pressure Trial
- The Link Between Stroke and Dementia in the Framingham Heart Study
- The Natural History of Depression up to 15 Years After Stroke
- The Obese Prince and the Smoking Pauper: the interaction between smoking, hypertension and socioeconomic status on stroke risk
- The Risk of Stroke or Clinical Impairment in AVM Patients
- The SCAR rule may predict lower procedural risk of carotid artery stenting
- The ULTRA-Stroke Clinical Trial
- Therapeutic Hypothermia After Recanalization in Acute Ischemic Stroke (HARIS)
- Those at highest risk of sICH receive most benefit from IV-TPA
- THRIVEing for simplicity: Predicting outcomes after ischemic stroke
- THROMBOLYSIS IN WAKE UP ISCHEMIC STROKE IN ELDERLY
- TMS for Aphasia RTC
- To Give or Not to Give: Intravenous Thrombolysis in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke and Infective Endocarditis
- Toward a Simple MRI-Based Predictor of Successful Stroke Treatment
- tPA Patients with SIRS have Worse Short-term Functional Outcomes
- Traditional Chinese Medicine in stroke recovery
- Transcranial Laser Therapy and Infarct Volume
- Transient cerebral arteriopathy in pediatric East Asian patients with ischemic stroke
- Using the retina as a window into the brain- Retinal nerve fiber layer defects and stroke
- Using Thin-Section Non-Contrast CT to Identify a Biomarker for IV-tPA Resistance in the setting of Anterior Circulation Stroke
- Validation of the ABCD3-I Score
- Validation of the SOAR stroke prognostic score
- Validity of CHA2DS2-VASc score in young patients
- Venous phase CTA and ‘Spot Sign’ detection
- Virtual snowboarding your way to stroke recovery
- Wake-Up Stroke t-PA
- Warfarin no better than aspirin at preventing cognitive decline in A-Fib patients
- Warfarin-Associated Intracerebral Hemorrhage after Ischemic Stroke
- What should you tell your blue-collar worker about their risk of stroke?
- White matter changes on brain imaging in stroke subtypes
- Who’s at risk for stroke after TIA? The new Canadian TIA score
- Yield of Cather Angiography After Computed Tomography Negative, Lumbar Puncture Positive Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- ►World Stroke Day (17)